Ways I hope people take news of my being in a LDR:
- Ask me about my relationship like it were any other friend/relative’s relationship.
- Tell me you’re happy for me, and do not feel sorry for me.
- If I explain to you how we met, try to be satisfied with the explanation I give you.
- Respect my relationship.
- Don’t think it is less of one because my girl and I don’t get to see each other.
- Avoid passing any kind of judgement as much as possible. If you can’t, ask about it in a way that lets me know you are trying to understand and not simply judge.
- Don’t tell me I can’t possibly be in love with someone I have not met.